The top recipient will receive a $5,000 scholarship for the 2013-2014 academic year. We will also be awarding a $3,000 and $2,000 scholarship to second and third-place recipients, respectively. Additionally, we will award five deserving runner-ups $1,000 each. Georgia’s Own Credit Union scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate good financial habits, a commitment to their community and a commendable academic record.
- Like us on Facebook!
Guidelines for Scholarship Consideration:
- The applicant must be a Georgia’s Own Credit Union i[x]member, 25 years of age or younger
- The applicant must be enrolled or anticipate enrollment in 2013/2014, in an accredited institution.
- The applicant must write a 500-word essay, outlining goals, aspirations, college and career plans. The essay should also include ways in which the applicant manages his or her finances effectively.
- The applicant must be attending or have graduated from an accredited high school and provide transcripts for current and previous years.
- Written recommendations from two present or former instructors and/or employers, dated within the last three months, are required.
- An outline of community and/or extracurricular involvement, including dates of involvement, must be included with the essay.
- Applicants that meet all of the above requirements will be eligible for scholarship entry.
- Please submit your package only when it’s complete.